- Dental care is expensive, but you can get free or cheap services at dental schools.
- You may be able to save 50 percent or more on dental implants, fillings, cleanings, and more.
- Certain groups of people like seniors and veterans may qualify for special programs.
You aren’t alone if you’ve ever put off dental work because of the expense. Dental care can run hundreds and even thousands of dollars. Fortunately, free or cheap dental care is available at certain dental schools. These programs aren’t always easy to find, but a quick online search can help you discover local options.
Whether you need preventative, restorative, or surgical care, going to a dental school can save you significantly. Some dental schools accept patients of all backgrounds, while others have specific requirements. Search online to find the right fit for your situation. A little bit of research can save you money.
Who Qualifies for Free or Cheap Services at Dental Schools?
Regardless of your background, you may be able to get low-cost care at a dental school. However, some schools specialize in serving specific groups of people. For example, NewMouth says the following groups may qualify for free or cheap services:
- The elderly;
- Low-income individuals;
- Individuals with disabilities, and;
- Medically and mentally compromised individuals.
Even if you don’t fall into one of the above groups, check online to see your options. You won’t know what’s available until you look.