- Not everybody can afford traditional air conditioning.
- Fortunately, there are plenty affordable alternatives to central air conditioning to keep you comfortable without breaking the bank.
If you have central air conditioning, you’re lucky! Unfortunately, many people don’t have the luxury of owning air conditioning, or they simply can’t afford to run their unit throughout the year.
However, you can find some reprieve. There are plenty of affordable alternatives to central air conditioning that can keep you comfortable without running up your energy bill. The best way to find these alternatives is by searching online.
To help in searching for the right alternative for you, here are some options that are worth checking out. So, don’t wait! Make sure you beat the heat today.
Window Air Conditioners
Price: $200 to $1,000 per unit
The classic window air conditioner is affordable, small, and easy to install. These devices are most often installed on a window that opens outward, though some models come with brackets to enable installation on a closed window.
However, these air conditioners are only meant to cool one room, so it is best to know what you want air conditioning for before buying. Window air conditioners aren’t cost-effective if you want to cool an entire house.
- Effective at cooling and lowering the humidity in a room.
- Easy to install and remove if you want to relocate the unit.
- Doesn’t take up floor space.
- Some landlords and homeowner associations have banned the use of window air conditioners due to how unattractive they look.
- Only cools one room.